Monday, July 17, 2017

How Hamy styles: Mesh Tops



I’ve had the pleasure of collaborating with my beautiful and talented friend, Hamy Huynh. Some of you may not know this, but Hamy was actually one of my biggest influences for starting up my blog. I love her incredibly bright and upbeat energy, her constant faith in people, and her work ethic is truly inspiring. I’m incredibly proud to have her on not only as my first collaboration, but on my first fashion series as well! I’ve decided to create this series "How ____ Styles: _____" because I thought it would be a great way to bring a wide variety of styles onto my blog. I came to realize that my style varies and it may not be everybody’s cup of tea, but also, there happens to be incredibly stylish pieces that people just don't know how to style. So  thought I this was the best of both worlds. I’ve also realized this was a great way to get to know someone and their work on a deeper level; what inspires them and how they got to where they are, hence the interview portion of this post. I really hope you all enjoy this. Since this is my first time doing something of this nature, all feedback are welcome! Let me know what you think in the comments below! A huge shoutout goes to Hamy for being such an amazing person to work with! I will leave the links to all her information down below! So without further ado, here is "How Hamy Styles: Mesh Tops"!






Why did you choose to style the mesh top this way?

I adore clothing that’s made from different materials and textiles because I like discovering innovative ideas to wear it. Mesh is a material that can be tricky to style, especially if you've never worn it before. So, to keep things simple, I decided to maintain a black-and-white color palette. That’s why I decided to pair the mesh top with the black-and-white houndstooth fringe skirt, black heels, and black backpack.I also love adding minor details to complete an outfit. That’s why I decided to incorporate the silver chain necklace and the black, strappy bralette underneath the top.  



Do you have any specific goals for the rest of this year?

My goals for the rest of this year are to travel more, keep posting on my blog at least once a week, attaining good grades during my sophomore year of college, and to do more collaborations with fellow creative minds.




What's the biggest difference in your life post-blogging?

I would say that the biggest difference in my life post-blogging is that now my life is literally all about blogging. I go out at least twice a week to shoot photos for my blog with different photographers, spend hours at coffee shops writing new articles and brainstorming ideas, I’m constantly researching different methods and strategies to improve upon my blog, and my social media is bombarded with all things related to The Clothing Statement. It’s not just my life that’s changing, I feel like I am also changing along with my blog.



What made you want to start your blog?

My mom probably doesn’t know this since I haven’t told her, but she’s the reason. With my mom being a tailor, I grew up surrounded by clothing and books about fashion. She used to take me out shopping for fabric and I would buy excess materials to make clothing for my dolls. My mother’s profession really aided my passion for fashion. My mom was also the person who got me my first library card, so she was also the person who helped me develop a love for reading and writing. As I got older, I needed a space where I could freely express my love for both fashion and writing and that’s how The Clothing Statement began.



What's the one wardrobe essential you can't live without?
Faux fur coats. You can literally add one to any outfit and instantly go from mediocre to looking like a million bucks.




So that’s all I have for you this week! Let me know what you thought. How would you style mesh tops? You can find Hamy's blog here and her Instagram here! And if you're a Facebook person, well, you can keep up with all her blog updates here! Go give her a follow and like, and support the heck out of her amazing work. Also, a huge shoutout to the beautiful and talented, Tiffany Nguyen, for her incredible photography! You can find her Instagram here!

Thank you all so much for reading, and of course, until next time!









3 comments :

  1. I loved this post! Super excited to read more of this type of writing! Her style is phenomenal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much love!! Truly appreciate it! And yes it's everything omg

      Delete
  2. I loved reading this post, well done Maya.
    Mothers have a way of subconsciously impacting the lives of the children. Her mesh top and skirt paired with those bomb shoes are lit!





    www.lilyofnigeria.com.ng

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished